Friday, April 11, 2014

Making Progress


   
        This past week I started working on my 20-Time project. Everyday (with the exception of yesterday) right when I got home I went running. Since I am used to running long distance I managed to run 3-5 miles each run I went on; luckily I live in a neighborhood that is perfect for running. One of my goals I want to accomplish while running is to beat my old PR time of 22 minutes for 3.5 miles. Hopefully I will be able to increase my running speed and over all pace through all the running I've been running! Not only did I start being more active, but also my brother did too! After my run he would come outside and we would play a one-on-one game of basketball for around an hour. About a year has passed since I last played basketball, so it felt really good to start playing again! Along with running and basketball; every other day I would include some sort of workout into my day. The lengths of the workouts couldn't of been any better! They weren't too short, but were long enough to give the feeling of a good workout.
    I incorporated healthy eating into my first week of my project as well. By drinking lots of water and replacing junk food with healthier options I was able to keep my body energized and ready to go for the next day of workouts. I managed to purchase a container of GNC protein powder for after my workouts along with protein bars to help replace the unhealthy snacks. The benefits of the protein powder is that it has naturally based protein components that help achieve the best results possible while cutting out fats and carbs found in other protein sources. My first week of my 20-time project went pretty well, it has really motivated me to live a better lifestyle. I look forward to continuing on my journey to be healthier through this project.

2 comments: